Thanks for your interest in the Lord's work in Leon and our family!

Saturday, June 12, 2010


Sharon Scott
Sharon passed away Friday evening June 12, 2010. We always knew her as Sharon Lalli in the youth group back in McAlester, Ok. She was unique. You never heard "she reminds me of...", because there was only ONE Sharon. She would often come up to me after a class to thank me for the lesson or ask deeper questions wanting to know more. She would tell me she wanted to grow in her "Christiandome". Once I told the youth there was a work camp in Tulsa. No one really wanted to go, "work camp" doesn't sound as exciting as it use to perhaps. Sharon was the only one in the youth group to go. There was a young lady in the youth group that was kind of a reject among the others. Sharon came to me one day and told me that, that girl needed a friend and that she would take her under her "wing" and care for her and make her feel a part. For the rest of the time Sharon was in the youth group she did!
Since we now live in Mexico, I haven't seen Sharon in a few years, but in looking at her pictures on Facebook, I could still see she was FULL of life and living it to the fullest til the very end. She lost her dad at a young age and her mother had plenty of challenges of her own. In so many ways, Sharon was left to grow up quick, but she tried to make the best of it! God broke the model with Sharon and she was happy to live that role. She just graduated this past May from College with a degree in history. She was married less than a year. She will be missed!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This website is dedicated to the Lord's work in Leon, GTO in general, but specifically the lives and ministry of the Gary family.
hit counters