Thanks for your interest in the Lord's work in Leon and our family!

Saturday, June 12, 2010




Happy Birthday


Mom was born on June 13, 19?? (I will respect a woman's desire to hide her age :). It was a Friday and that date supposedly meant bad lucky, but for 4 people (nowadays more like 12 people) it's one of the luckiest days...it's when our wife, mother, mother-in-law and grandmother was born...Cindy Gary! There are few who speak poorly of their mother and most would even say "I had the best mom ever" and though it's over done...IIIIIIIIIII have the best mom ever!!!

I couldn't really tell you my mother's life story, because she always acted like it started with dad and us kids. Nothing really mattered before that. She did the usual "motherly" stuff, cooking, cleaning, taking us to school, etc. More importantly than that, she made sure we were with the church. As we got older, we would play sports, have jobs, etc, but Sunday morning/night and Wednesday night were not options. That's probably why I tease her so much about going to church on SATURDAY night nowadays :) We never missed retreats, youth activities or anything else the church had. It was "the norm" and we never questioned it. She talked it, lived it and loved it! It started with her example. Over the years (like every other person on the plant), I have grown to love my mother more as I have had kids and begun to understand what all it takes to be a spouse and parent! I often would have friends over and my parents desire was to be a light in their life too. In fact, Jeff, Lindsey and I aren't the only ones to call our parents "mom and dad". They have both had such an impact on so many lives! I'm thankful for my mother and her many, many years of love and service. I pray God gives her many more knowing she has so many more good years to give! Happy Birthday mom, much love from the Mexico Garys!!!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This website is dedicated to the Lord's work in Leon, GTO in general, but specifically the lives and ministry of the Gary family.
hit counters