Thanks for your interest in the Lord's work in Leon and our family!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Knott my will


I was reminded this weekend of how good God is. Barb, the kids and I made the long hall over to Lubbock, Tx to thank some of our favorite people out at Hart. We spent this past weekend with the Merritts...we were SPOILED! We were also super blessed to see Barb's life long BFF Mary, Tony and Beth, Annie (and meet her new bo :), JLae and many, many other great men and women of God.
While we were in Lubbock, we decided to look around out there in the flat lands to see if there were job possibilities. That was not my choice (hence the title), but my wife was anxious, my kids needed to be in school and I needed to find a job! We sent out several resumes, but like all the times before, they were met with little response. A few instructors at Sunset told me about a cool little church just North of Big Springs in a little town called Knott. I, like you, have never heard of Knott, Tx! I didn't really want to be out in West Tx, but I also didn't want to run like Jonah if that's where God was sending me. I sent my application, called the elder to make sure he got it and see if we could stop by Sunday. The elder asked me to preach. Sunday morning we got up and worshipped at SunRISE (north University) trying to check them out. Afterwards, we went with Mary and her family to their house and had an awesome lunch.
We packed up, loaded the car and drove an 1 hr and a half South to Knott. We drove down a farm road to a little building and a little house next door to the building. Shortly after arriving, the elder I had spoken with on the phone arrived with his sweet wife. They gave us a tour of the building and the house. They were very kind and as the members began to arrive, everyone was excited to see us and so nice. You could tell there was truly a love for Christ in them and they were as sincere as they could be. I preached and everyone was very encouraging. 3 people handed us money to help with gas (they are very mission minded!). They invited us to Big Springs for dinner and continued to shower us with kindness. Now when we were told it was a "good little congregation", we didn't really know what that meant...now we DO! They were kind, generous, encouraging and just exactly NOT (no pun...well maybe a little...intended) what I was expecting! We were asked to return Sunday to preach. I don't know if this is where we will end up, but Barb and I loved it. The kids enjoyed themselves and I think it has great potential for our family, but also for the Kingdom! Please keep this opportunity in your prayers as we return Saturday and Sunday to spend more time with the church and meet an elder who was unable to be there last Sunday. We are excited and hopeful as we prayerfully seek God's will in our lives!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This website is dedicated to the Lord's work in Leon, GTO in general, but specifically the lives and ministry of the Gary family.
hit counters