Thanks for your interest in the Lord's work in Leon and our family!

Sunday, August 08, 2010

"Come and listen" or "Go and teach"
Barb and I had a good conversation on the way home from McAlester. One thing that came up was expectations and responsibilities of a Christian. There is a struggle/expectation of "come to 'church' and sit and listen". Some of Jesus last words on earth were "go...and teach". Now having mission work in my past, many would jump to the conclusion that I'm talking "foreign". I'm talking about crossing your yard or street to share your life and faith with a neighbor. I'm a firm believer that Jesus called us to shine where we are at. I've been blessed to see many people who are being a light anywhere and everywhere they are! Next time you thinking about "going to church" think "go and teach" Monday through Saturday and then you can come and listen on Sunday. Jesus didn't make people "come" to Him, He came to seek and save the lost!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This website is dedicated to the Lord's work in Leon, GTO in general, but specifically the lives and ministry of the Gary family.
hit counters